- Haha.This is crazy. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6nSd9bVMTNQ
- I'm addicted to SHAYTARDS now. Thanks, Hannah. Addicted as in I've watched at least an hour of it today... lol http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZyzsdzcqLKM
- Eph 4:29a. 29Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths,
- Eph. 5:3-4a 3But among you there must not be even a hint of sexual immorality, or of any kind of impurity, or of greed, because these are improper for God's holy people. 4Nor should there be obscenity, foolish talk or coarse joking, which are out of place,
- Eph. 4:18-19. 18They are darkened in their understanding and separated from the life of God because of the ignorance that is in them due to the hardening of their hearts. 19Having lost all sensitivity, they have given themselves over to sensuality so as to indulge in every kind of impurity, with a continual lust for more.
- Eph 4:29b. "but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen."
- Eph 5:19-20. 19Speak to one another with psalms, hymns and spiritual songs. Sing and make music in your heart to the Lord, 20always giving thanks to God the Father for everything, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ.
It's so easy to just sit there when we hear people saying stuff that you know is wrong. But Psalm 1:1 says "Blessed is the man who does not walk in the counsel of the wicked or stand in the way of sinners or sit in the seat of mockers." This verse tells me that we should flee if we are in the presence of people speaking evil. Sitting there and justifying yourself by saying that you aren't actually contributing to the conversation just won't cut it before God. He wants us to be pure, conformed to the image of his Son (Romans 8:29).
Here's a mental picture: Imagine sin as licking a toilet. Can you think of sin the same way ever again? The next time you begin to say something, stop and think: "Is this beneficial to anyone, simply permissible, or downright degrading? Would I be an ambassador for Christ while I say this?" If the answer is no, don't say it. If the answer is yes, then God bless you, say it. I know no one, especially not me, is perfect, so please, the next time you hear me say something that you think is not beneficial to God or anyone, please tell me. I will not be mad at you; I will be thanking God for giving me such wonderful friends who are willing to show me my problems so that I can, through His Grace, try to fix them.